With your help, we can make a difference!!
Friends of Burr recognizes the unique aspects of our Burr students and delights in the diversity and individuality of our students and parents. New ideas bring new ways of fundraising, which develops a more dynamic school, supports our children and staff better and improves everyone’s time at Burr. Every idea is welcome at every meeting and the Friends of Burr members will always be available to discuss your ideas, comments or concerns.
- September 20 – 21, 2014 – Christy Webber Farm & Garden Harvest Fest from 11 am to 4 pm at 2200 W. Grand Ave. Volunteers still needed on Sunday!
- September 23, 2014 – Burr T-Shirt/Magnet Order Form!
- September 26, 2014 – Save the Date for the PTO Parent Party!
- October 2, 2014 – 2014 Walk-A-Thon
- Ongoing - Holiday Gifts, Gift Cards, or even your weekly groceries can benefit Burr! Visit www.shopwithscrip.com and enter code :1BE92ECF35383
- Ongoing - Purchase anything from Amazon? Earn money for Burr through their AmazonSmile program.
- Ongoing – Mention Burr when shopping at Red Balloon and 3% will come back to our school.
- Ongoing – Do you have a Target Red Card? 1% of your total purchases will be donated back to Burr! Sign up here.
- Ongoing - Join Mamasource, and 5% of your purchases will be returned to Burr!
- Kiss and Go is looking for volunteers that can assist in the mornings from 8:20 until 8:55 a.m. (It doesn’t need to be every day!) Please contact Ms. Klimowski, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SCHOOL STORE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! – The school store is located on the first floor, west of the office by the benches and will be open every morning from 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Ms. Green is looking for parent volunteers to help during this time. If you would like to help, please contact Ms. Green.
- SCHOOL TOUR GUIDES NEEDED! – After a very successful first year of bi-monthly school tours of Burr, we are looking for more tour guides for the upcoming school year. It’s a fun volunteer opportunity–and no experience is required! Tours take place on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month from 9:30-10:30am, but tour guides don’t have to give every tour! You can sign up for the dates that you are available. All tour guides will receive training. This is a great opportunity for new and veteran parents. If you are interested, please send an email to Jeannette Srivastava (email@example.com).
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month – Burr School Tours at 9:30 a.m.
- Join the Friends of Burr and the Parents of Burr Elementary Facebook Pages!